Monday, March 14, 2011

Greenhouse by Joost




Greenhouse by Joost. Strawberry plants cover the outside wall next to a mural by David Bromley





With all the natural disasters going on around this side of the globe lately I felt like its important to recognise how we have to be kinder to this planet of ours.
I can't help but feel like its a sign that we have to start re thinking the way we live; There is so much taking and using of resources then no thought of how we throw it all away.
I know I'm a culprit and every now and then I stumble across something that wakes me up and makes me remember what is important.

Visiting Greenhouse by Joost on the weekend was a great inspiration for how alternative business models, even a bar or a restaurant, can open up people's minds and encourage everyone to start thinking of alternative ways of using the things around us.
As I eavesdropped into the conversations around me most people would be talking of such topics...or of the INCREDIBLE view.
What an inspiration!

This sustainable pop up bar is in Sydney only until 28 March, and then it will pack up and travel to Europe.
The building is made from materials that are either discarded by others or recycled. From the chairs which are made form old irrigation pipes, to the glasses which are either old jars or melted down wine/beer bottles.
There is alot written about this place at the moment, But I really love The Design Files video to fill you in about it all.
Take a look.

GREENHOUSE BY JOOST from The Design Files on Vimeo.



Or even better go visit the restaurant. Its super special.

No comments:

Post a Comment