Monday, March 7, 2011

Crafty

So its been a LOONG time, but I'm back to blogger land.
Its been about a year, yep.... that damn film industry can just get all consuming.
But now I've got a bit of time again, and of course, I'm determined not to abandoned my blog again when I get busy next.

So I've been getting crafty since I've been back in Sydney and couldn't help myself from sharing these creations.

I bought this gorgeous Tasmanian oak vintage chair for $50 on ebay, with lovely feather joins and even stamped 1978, so proven vintage!
But when I took it to the upholsterers they said it wasn't really worth the cost of getting it re-upholstered as it was a bit wobbly, and the feather joins were tricky to fix.
So I just decided to give it a go upholstering it myself.
I bought this flecked grey upholstery fabric from Bargain Upholstery Fabrics, and am pretty happy with the results.

And here it is with my favorite Becky Orphin cushion on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment